MPA@UNC's academic program prepares students for leadership positions in public service organizations through a curriculum that builds the core professional competencies necessary for success. These multi-disciplinary skills prepare students to thrive in a wide range of service careers at the local, national, or global level.
To ensure your success as a leader in public service, MPA@UNC's curriculum includes the following:
- Core courses that provide a foundation in public administration law, institutions, and values; financial and human resource management; organizational theory; professional communication; and data analysis and evaluation for decision-making
- Electives that allow you to focus on specific areas of public service such as local government or economic development
- A practicum that offers professional work experience in a public agency or nonprofit organization
- A portfolio and oral defense that demonstrate mastery of core public leadership competencies
Take the Next Step
Advance your career in public administration by earning an MPA degree online from UNC.
Request More Information
MPA@UNC's rigorous curriculum is delivered in a web-based format, which enables students to earn their MPA degree without relocating or disrupting current professional and personal commitments.
Through state-of-the-art education technology, students will:
- Participate in live, online classes using real-time video conferencing
- Access coursework 24/7 on their own schedules
- Interact with fellow students through personal online sessions and collaborative social forums
While MPA@UNC delivers the same MPA education available to on-campus students and holds applicants to the same high standards, the online program is designed to allow students from anywhere in the world to fit earning a top-ranked degree into their busy schedules. Learn more about our virtual campus.