Welcome to MPA@UNC
MPA@UNC: Bringing UNC's Top-Ranked Master of Public Administration Online
MPA@UNC delivers the University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill School of Government's top-ranked Master of Public Administration (MPA) to students around the country using an innovative online format. Designed to prepare tomorrow's public service leaders, MPA@UNC offers the same rigorous curriculum and instruction available to on-campus students, without requiring students to relocate or leave their current jobs.
This flexible, Web-based format is built around highly immersive interactions—both online and in-person—between students and faculty. MPA@UNC students use state-of-the-art education technology to:
- Participate in live, online classes that use face-to-face video conferencing technology and are designed and delivered by the School of Government's nationally recognized faculty
- Collaborate with fellow students who have met UNC's rigorous admissions criteria and share a passion for leadership
- Access rigorous and relevant course content 24/7, which includes highly produced videos, interactive quizzes, and dynamic multimedia lessons that can be completed from anywhere
- Interact with faculty one-on-one during online office hours
- Absorb real-world knowledge that can be applied immediately to a student's current career
Students in the MPA@UNC program come from all areas of public service, including local, state, and federal government; military; private sector; and nonprofit organizations.
Take the Next Step
Advance your career in public administration by earning an MPA degree online from UNC.
Preparing Tomorrow's Public Service Leaders
As part of the Master of Public Administration program at the UNC School of Government—one of the top-rated public administration graduate programs in the United States—MPA@UNC shares the school's long-standing commitment to public service, collaboration, and community.
Through rigorous academic study and practical experience, MPA@UNC enables graduates to address local, national, and global challenges by preparing them to:
- Lead, manage, and engage others in public service
- Articulate and apply public service values
- Understand issues in their social, economic, and political context
- Communicate effectively
- Analyze information for decision making
- Understand the law and legal process
- Oversee financial resources
- Manage human capital
To learn more or get started with this flexible and highly experiential graduate degree option, contact an admissions counselor today at 855-862-4672 or via e-mail.