MPA@UNC’s academic program prepares students for leadership positions in public service organizations through a curriculum that builds the core professional competencies necessary for success. These multi-disciplinary skills prepare students to thrive in a wide range of service careers at the local, national, or global level.
To ensure your success as a leader in public service, MPA@UNC’s curriculum includes the following:
- Core courses that provide a foundation in public administration law, institutions, and values; financial and human resource management; organizational theory; professional communication; and data analysis and evaluation for decision-making
- Electives that allow you to focus on specific areas of public service such as local government or economic development
- A practicum that offers professional work experience in a public agency or nonprofit organization
- A portfolio and oral defense that demonstrate mastery of core public leadership competencies
MPA@UNC’s rigorous curriculum is delivered in a web-based format, which enables students to earn their MPA degree without relocating or disrupting current professional and personal commitments.
Through state-of-the-art education technology, students will:
- Participate in live, online classes using real-time video conferencing
- Access coursework 24/7 on their own schedules
- Interact with fellow students through personal online sessions and collaborative social forums
While MPA@UNC delivers the same MPA education available to on-campus students and holds applicants to the same high standards, the online program is designed to allow students from anywhere in the world to fit earning a top-ranked degree into their busy schedules. Learn more about our virtual campus.