Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition & Fees
The tuition for the MPA@UNC program is $52,800, which does not include fees or books and other course material that may be required. Tuition is charged on a per credit hour basis and charges can vary from term to term depending on a student’s course enrollment.
Admitted applicants are required to submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit to reserve a space in the class to which they are admitted. If the admitted applicant enrolls in the program, the non-refundable enrollment deposit is applied as a credit to the first term’s tuition.
What are my financing options?
- Federal Student Loans: All MPA@UNC students can be considered for federal student loans to cover the cost of attendance for the program, including tuition and living expenses.
- Students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. The federal school code for UNC is 002974.
- Graduate students are eligible to be considered for up to $20,500 in the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan program per academic year. This is not a loan that is based on credit, rather, students must not be in default on a prior student loan and meet other basic financial aid eligibility requirements.
- You may also be eligible to borrow through the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan program to cover remaning cost of attendance after the Unsubsidized Loan. The Graduate PLUS is available to those without an adverse credit history.
- Private Education Loans: Students also have the option of requesting credit-based private education loans. Completing the FAFSA is not required to apply for a private education loan, although we strongly encourage that you consider federal prior to private loans by completing the FAFSA. UNC does not maintain a preferred lender list.
- Fellowships: MPA@UNC awards a limited number of partial-tuition fellowships to outstanding students who demonstrate excellence throughout their applications. Applicants accepted for admission are automatically considered.
- Military Benefits: MPA@UNC is an approved educational program for active duty and veteran students’ military education benefits. To learn more, click here.
- Employer support: confer with your employer regarding tuition benefits available to you.
- Loan Forgiveness: If you work in a full-time public service position after graduation, you may be eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Under this program, qualified borrowers are forgiven the remainder of their loan balance after they have made 120 payments. Learn more about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
To read more about financing options, click here.
Contact your admissions counselor with questions about financial aid and they will ensure that you get your questions answered.