MPA@UNC Academics Overview
By applying the latest digital technologies to deliver UNC School of Government’s rigorous public administration curriculum, MPA@UNC offers aspiring leaders the flexibility of an online program with the academic quality of a world-class education. MPA@UNC uses a state-of-the-art learning management system, streaming video, and familiar social media tools to recreate the vibrant learning community that sets UNC School of Government apart, and makes it available to you wherever you may be.
Top-ranked curriculum from expert faculty
The academically rigorous curriculum of MPA@UNC is identical to the top-ranked on-campus program. It is designed to empower you with the knowledge and relationships you will need to manage and lead local, state, and national governments or nonprofit organizations. MPA@UNC courses are taught by the School of Government’s faculty, who are recognized experts in policy and research, and who work with public officials of all levels on a regular basis.
An innovative approach to online education
MPA@UNC is uniquely designed to empower you with the knowledge and relationships you’ll need to accelerate your career regardless of where you may live and work. The program is designed and delivered by UNC School of Government faculty and requires the following:
- Lectures and delivery of new information through self-paced course work
- Preparation outside of class, with teamwork, texts, articles, cases, projects and papers
- Weekly online classes via live streaming video in small groups (10 to 15 students) led by faculty instructors; includes case studies, role plays, problem solving and other discussions to drive learning
- A hands-on professional work experience component
- The creation of a portfolio of work products as you progress through the MPA program that will demonstrate selected competencies