The MPA that fits your lifestyle
What is MPA@UNC?
The University of North Carolina School of Government’s online Master of Public Administration, MPA@UNC, is a groundbreaking degree program designed for working professionals and others seeking to advance their careers in public service while retaining the freedom and flexibility to honor their current commitments.You no longer need to choose between a full-time program and a full-time job, or between a part-time program geographically nearby and a top-ranked program.
MPA@UNC offers you:
- The same UNC MPA degree earned by on-campus students
- An academically rigorous curriculum identical to UNC’s on-campus program
- Classmates who have met the selective admissions requirements of the UNC School of Government
- Instruction from UNC School of Government faculty. These nationally recognized experts are frequently consulted by public officials, and their real-world experience is relevant no matter what state, country or organization you are in.
Get the Best of On-Campus, Online
MPA@UNC is uniquely designed to empower you with the knowledge and relationships you’ll need to accelerate your career wherever you may work and live. The program is composed of three learning environments:
- Weekly, live online class sessions delivered face-to-face by UNC School of Government faculty, with a maximum of 15 students to each faculty member
- Self-paced coursework produced by UNC School of Government faculty using multimedia to prepare students for richer discussion, interaction and learning in the scheduled weekly class sessions
- Hands-on learning through a professional experience component and development of a portfolio as you progress through the program
All of these learning environments are instilled with UNC’s values and culture, creating a community that brings the best of the on-campus experience to the online experience through familiar social networking, group and organizational tools. Get to know fellow classmates through intimate online class discussions, break-out sessions and case studies. Outside of class, discuss topics and exchange ideas on course-related wall posts, hold digital study groups and even create online clubs to connect with other MPA students who share common goals and interests. Upon admission, you will join a network of almost 1000 alumni working across the U.S.
If you’re serious about taking a leadership role in public service, MPA@UNC offers you the ideal platform to pursue your passion. The MPA@UNC is part of the MPA Program which is regionally accredited by SACS (the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) as well as being fully accredited by NASPAA (the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration).